How do I get a UTR number?

I was self-employed from age 17 to 19 then went into full employment till 23 now I'm going back self-employed but I don't know how to get my UTR. Do I need re-register as self-employed????
asked May 13, 2013
edited May 13, 2013

1 Answer

All you need to do is inform HMRC that you are working again as self employed.
You can use the same UTR number that you had used previously. If you don't have it anymore, simply call up HMRC and ask them, they should be able to retrieve it for you.
answered May 13, 2013
Self employment registration click to apply

Ask us a question

Questions & Answers